152 page softback book – updated with new rules and scenarios.
Vanguard is fantasy skirmish game set in the world of Mantica. It is a magical place, full of wonder, but also one of conflict and war, as almighty armies clash and empires crumble. Gods and demons roam the world and the skies light up with the crackle of magic. The mortal races strive for dominance across the vastness of the world; from the depths of the oceans, across to the deserts and plains, to the soaring mountain ranges and ice-covered peaks – there is adventure, glory and peril to be had in equal measure.
Vanguard gives you the chance to explore the world through the eyes of an elite Warband. As neighbours and kingdoms wage war, it’s often the deeds of a hand-picked few – specialists in their trade – that ultimately win wars for their masters. Whether they are tasked with plundering an enemy camp, burning their stores, stealing information or assassination of an enemy commander, the scouting parties of the vanguard are always in the thick of the action, operating alone and in the greatest of danger.
This softback book contains:
- Full rules for playing Vanguard, covering combat, power dice, terrain, and more!
- 12 challenging scenarios
- Background for the world of Pannithor and the factions who fight there
- Equipment lists for arming your troops
- Advanced spellbook with alignment-specific spells
- Rules for Campaigns, from building your Company, advancing through experience, to tying your games into Kings of War!
- Ice & Iron campaign. A story set in the frozen north, with new campaign rules and exciting new scenarios.